E’s school started, so I’m all alone on CSA duty…
What’s going to happen to all this stuff?
- Corn–peel, boil, shuck, freeze in bags
- Beets–boil, slip skins, cut in half, add to jar of cider vinegar in my fridge (lazy person’s pickled beets!)
- Jalepenos–blend with coconut oil to use to sautee things all winter long.
- Melons–Rough chop for lunches all week.
- Eggplant–peel, 1″ chop, olive oil + salt, roast at 400 for 20-30 min, stirring once or twice
- Zucchini–2 of them: chop and roast with the eggplant. I use these roasted veggies in everything (with eggs! Mixed in curry! in peanut sauce!) Other two: shred and freeze.
- Green beans–olive oil and salt and roast, separate pan from eggplant/zucc but same oven. I like to let them get a little brown and then toss with vinaigrette and nuts.
- Cukes–eat in salad. No need to do anything.
- Red peppers–again, we’ll just eat them in salads.
- Kale–chips to be eaten while everything else is prepped. Again, olive oil + salt in a 400 oven. You have to kind of pay attention so they don’t burn.
- Cabbage + tomatos–Heat some oil, add 1 t ea cumin seed and ground cumin and something hot (like jalepeno oil!) and salt. Let the cumin begin to pop then add the three big red tomatos finely chopped and the head of cabbage 1″ chopped. Put a lid on and let it wilt. Add more salt.
- Red onions–add to the bin. They’ll get used.
Hard to carry but totally manageable.